If you have been wondering what the Binkleys have been doing lately, the answer is really quite simple. Nothing. And every now and then, that is what I like. The weekend got jump-started by having dinner with some of our new friends. We are very, very blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. Gary went out with the "boys" on Friday night and came in late, late that night. They went varmint hunting (how hick are we?) and he somehow managed to get sprayed by a skunk, so any tips for getting skunk scent out of clothes would be greatly appreciated. We had a very leisurely Saturday without much planned, and it was nice to just slow down and take things at our own pace. Gary managed to get a few of my little "honey-do's" done around the house. I managed to get the laundry caught up. We just poked around and relaxed and it was really quite nice.
Today, I did my weekly (if I am lucky) Walmart trip that we all know I love so much. Yes, once again, an old fat man in a Walmart-issued scooter was so determined to make it down the cookie aisle at break-neck speed that he almost ran my basket and I over. I seriously could blog about Walmart every time I go there. Such an interesting mix of people there.
We had another warm day here and so we took advantage with lots of play time with friends and spending time at the park. It is so nice to be so close to the park and so close to our friends! That certainly has been one of the best perks of our move.
Since I really don't have much to share in the way of recent events, I thought I would share one of our new favorite healthy recipes. Enjoy!
Honey-Pecan Crusted Chicken*
(source: http://www.cookinglight.com/, with a few Binkley modifications.)
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. honey
3/4 t. paprika
1/8 t. garlic powder
1 1/4 c. crushed cornflakes (I use Special K)
1/2 c. chopped pecans
cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the chicken and set aside. Combine the honey, paprika, garlic powder and little water, if needed to thin out the honey. Stir well. Combine the cornflakes and pecans in a shallow dish. Brush both sides of the chicken with the honey mixture and dip into cornflake mixture, covering well. Place chicken on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. If necessary, press addition cornflake mixture onto the top of chicken to cover completely. Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray. Cover with foil, and make sure there are no loose pecans on baking sheet, as they will burn. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes, or until done.
Calories: 270 per breast, aprox.
*even Gary likes this, and if you know him well, you know that is saying a lot about a recipe!
1 comment:
I tried this recipe tonight and we all REALLY liked it...was pretty easy too! Thanks for sharing. Hope that you all are feeling better. Let's go out to dinner soon!
Post a Comment