Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Last Sin Eater

If you have never read The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers, you must immediately go out to your local library or bookstore and pick up a copy. A friend of mine loaned it to me about a month ago, and it was truly one of the best books I have ever read. Be warned, though...you will be virtually unable to put it down. This book is an incredible journey of a girl plagued by her past who is looking for redemption from her sins. It is set in the Smokey Mountains in the late 1800s, and at first it is a little confusing because the author writes in the dialect of the people there. The story, though, will absolutely suck you in. I was very excited today when I saw that Fox Faith has made this wonderful book into a movie, which is set to open in theatres on Friday, Feb. 9th. I hope that you will all check it out. I am so excited that Fox has taken the step to make more and more Christian movies! Here is the preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A7G4QXKFx8

3 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Sounds good.....when I can read again I will check it out!

MANDI MOORE said...

I just LOVE your blog!!! So informative and funny...while I read, I find myself thinking "Amen sister!". Loved the great pics of your wedding & anniversary (I am not the one who requested though). SO, SO HAPPY that you guys came to Brownwood! Love, Mandi

Unknown said...

have you read others by her? try the mark of the lion series too. and I just finished the scarlet thread which was pretty good. Redeeming Love is great too. I haven't read this one but plan to now after your recommendation!