Sunday, March 11, 2007

Were You Raised in a Barn?




No, Zach wasn't raised in a barn, but he took to the animals at the petting zoo like he had been. He really enjoyed seeing the animals. The group that came put on an excellent petting zoo. Each animal had a collar with his/her name and breed on it so that they were easy to identify. The animals were amazingly tame, there was calming music playing and the entire thing had a Christian theme to it. All of the kids really enjoyed seeing and petting the animals.


We spent the weekend doing some much-needed shopping and eating out. I was about to die out here in our little town. I made a half-page list this past week of all the things we needed to look for in the stores. We actually did really well. From the minute we got to the city, I devised a game plan and it worked well for us. We got almost everything on our list. (It is tough living without a Hobby Lobby, Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond. I was beginning to suffer from withdrawl!) We also saw some family, which we enjoyed as well. My parents gave us a chance to eat dinner alone while they took Zach to McDonald's.

Spring Break is finally upon us. (This girl has been counting down the days on her blog.) We do not have any grand plans for the week, but I do intend to get some spring cleaning done. I have a sick sort of enjoyment from such things. On Thursday we do plan to go out to the ranch so we can see my sister-in-law and nephew. Gary is on call for St. Patrick's Day weekend, but I am not without plans of my own. There is an annual Patty's Day Party here in town that I plan to attend. I hope everyone has a great Spring Break (except for my poor brother, who doesn't get his break from UNT until next week!).

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

It looks like y'all had fun at the petting zoo! I really dislike petting zoos. I'm not against animals, just not a huge fan...and the smell...

Thanks for the link. Friday is move in day for us! But the real reason to celebrate happens Wednesday...dropping the girls off at Grandma's for a week! We will get soooo much done!