Last week I received news that I thought was the best news I had heard in a long time...no preschool on Friday. This was due to a huge percentage of students and teachers having the flu. I was not even the slightest bit sick, so I set out to spend my Friday in the most productive way I could. I did mountains of laundry and organized my closet. I was feeling very accomplished as I looked forward to my weekend. I felt like I was all caught up on my housework! Hey, a girl can dream....
Saturday around noon, it became evident that I was the newest victim of the flu. I have spent the greater part of the past week either laying in bed or in Gary's chair, blankets wrapped around me, coughing and sneezing and feeling rather miserable. I have discovered that there is nothing on TV worth staying home for. I have watched all of the shows that I had saved on the DVR....that was a LOT of Oprah, people! I even felt so bad, I couldn't hardly make myself eat. (Now that is getting serious!!!!) And I have longed to be back out in the world.
Today, I am feeling much better, as evidenced by the fact that I am back in blogland. I am glad to be in my jeans again, hair fixed, ready to live life again. As soon as I re-tackle the laundry.
3 comments:
I am so sorry you got the flu! That stinks! I am glad you are feeling better though, and just in time to do laundry again! It never ends does it?! I did over 15 loads this weekend only to see Trent return from his trip and re-fill the hamper! Stink. Of course I never should have let it get to be that much in the first place. Hang in there girlie and sstay away from all those germie people!
Well, I know what this is like! Did you take Tamiflu the wonderdrug? And did you also enjoy the flu test where they touch your brain with a q-tip? Good times.
I have heard of sooo many people getting it, and having it really, really bad! I hope you start to feel like a woman again soon!!!
Post a Comment