Monday, February 18, 2008

Strike a Pose

Here are some recent pictures of Zach. Not only is he amazingly photogenic, but he loves to have his picture taken.


You might not be able to tell from this picture, but Zach is proudly displaying the loss of his other front tooth. The one that was lost not long ago is quickly being replaced by a gynormous permanent tooth!
And here are some Valentine party pictures. Tell me this kiddo isn't the most photogenic ever?





Zach had fun at the party. They ate lots of goodies, exchanged Valentines, and made this fun craft! (This is a great website for all kinds of neat little activities and projects for kiddos. I highly recommend it for summertime boredom!)

**********************

Over the weekend, Zach attended a birthday party for a friend of his at the roller skating rink. It did not go so well. (This is not surprising since the parent that took him....me....does not know how to skate, either! Talk about flashbacks to my childhood nightmares of trying to learn!) As we started around the rink, I could tell he was getting overwhelmed, so since we weren't too far from the entrance, I tried to walk him back to it to take a breather. Just as I started that way, I hear over the loud speaker "Remember, this is a one way rink...you can only go one direction!" So, with my face burning red from embarrassment, I helped him all the way around the whole thing until we finally made it out. To top it all off, his skates had these super skinny laces that got all knotted and we actually had to cut him out of his skate!!!!! In first grade, he will be taking a field trip to skating rink with his class every six weeks, so we know he needs to learn. Gary is planning to take him back soon to work with him. I will keep you all updated on how that goes!!!

2 comments:

Larissa said...

I completely understand, I broke both the bones in my arm rollerskating. Not a fun memory!!! I don't think I'll find myself on rollerskates anytime soon!

Anonymous said...

I still think Zach has the prettiest lips!! If you remember that was all I talked about when he was born...Brandon learned to skate by just holding on to the side and going at it. He had to go every Thursday with his daycare so it was sit out or get up and go. Seems to have worked. Anyways, good luck with all that. Oh you must take a picture of Gary skating!! I might need that for blackmail at some point!! ha ha ha Have a great day!!