Thursday, July 10, 2008

As Seen on TV

Everytime I see a commercial for the newest gadget "not sold in stores" I get this urge to pick up my phone and dial. I don't know what it is. I have never actually done it...mainly because I am scared of what that "Shipping & Handling fee" might actually be and also because I think I would never hear the end of it from Gary! But I always want almost every single one of those products.

Today I saw a commercial for this grout edger thingy. You know, so you can re-seal your shower. Like I am EVER going to do that. But I could hear a little voice inside of me saying, "you need that!" FOR WHAT, I ask you??? I also saw a commercial for this rag that sops up liquids without applying pressure out of carpet. And I felt like I needed to have it. And they warned me to not be fooled by imitators in the store.

I do not know what it is about those silly commercials, but they drive me to want to purchase something more than any other commercials. So I am just curious who out there has actually bought one of these TV-only products, and how did they work out? Were they everything they were promised to be?

Because I am just dying to get the new Shark steam cleaner!

3 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Six or seven years ago, we bought an Ab-slide. It's this workout thing that you get down on all fours and hold on to the handles. You slide back and forth for 3 minutes.

It's supposed to be the same workout as like 100 crunches or something. It works. Not like the commercial says, "I lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks!" but it does tone.

If you do it for the full 3 mins the first time you will be so sore the next few days that you can hardly move. I tried it for about 6 weeks when Bubba was about 18 mo old. I recently started it again and I started with 10 reps and worked up, slowly, to 3 mins. That still leaves you sore, just not as bad.

Anyways, that's our only experience with "not sold in stores" stuff.

realitymomma said...

i have debt over ordering some things. i plead the 5th!!!

thanks for the book, got it today. faster than the pics i ordered a week ago. love your new title of a stay at home mom. it will look great on paper work....

Lisa Renee said...

I saw the Shark steam cleaner at Bed Bath and Beyond!