I found myself in unfamiliar territory this week when Zach went to spend the week with my parents. It is called an empty, quiet house. Most often when Zach goes to spend a week with my parents, Gary and I have been away doing something, but this time I am here and Gary is working during the day, and that gives me about twelve hours alone. All by myself.
And I was lost as to what to do. The first day I cleaned my house, but then when it actually stayed clean, I was unsure of how to spend the rest of my week.
Yesterday, I decided that although I should use this valuable time to clean out closets, it would be much more fun to spend half the day on the internet googling and reading blogs and getting on the message boards at HGTV (something I NEVER have time to do). It sounded like a good plan, until I discovered the most troubling news. Ever.
House Hunters is a fraud. Yep, you read that right. I was just crushed when I learned that many of the shows are completely staged--right down to fake homebuyers, fake houses and fake price ranges. There were even links to news articles to back all of this info up.
Once I picked myself up off the floor over that, I came across a delightful resource. Kay Arthur, founder of Precepts ministries (the class that I went for training) has daily Bible study videos on her website and they are fantastic. There are even free study guides that you can print off to follow along. I highly recommend this site. The thirty minutes you spend will be a great blessing to you!
Today I was a little more productive. I mean, I actually got dressed before noon today! I ran a bunch of errands and am working on a meal for a family at our church. And I decided I would stick to my usual internet activities: check email, check regular blogs, check news on MSN.
Gary and I are going to go on a date tonight, which makes me giddy because we haven't done that in a long time. I thought about telling him he had to drive up front and ring the doorbell to get me, but on second thought that seemed a little nutty!
Some of you commented on the new look of the blog. It was long overdue, but I didn't want to spend the money to have it designed. Then my precious friend, Melissa, found a website where we could download free backgrounds. I then scoured the website further and found that you could design your own headers too! It took a few hours of work, but I finally got it done and posted and I am so proud of my hard work. I am glad that you all like it.
4 comments:
Last summer was my first experience with this "send the kids to Grandma's for no apparent reason". It was totally fun and signed up for it again this summer. I love that both sets of our parents are still young enough to enjoy that.
What...house hunters is not real? That about breaks my heart!! I always figured it was filmed knowing in advance which house would be chosen, but I never assumed it was fake. I am so sad.
I am so sad about house hunters.
I love that show. Can't wait to meet you again too! :) Come over next weekend and the next week whenever you like.
ok, then too much time on your hands.....
i had a week to myself, amazing what the freedom is like! then reality hits within 5 minutes of picking up your children!
Post a Comment