Monday, August 11, 2008

The Chase

I was driving leisurely down our street, headed home around 1:00 this afternoon when up ahead of me I saw a police car's flashing lights. I didn't think much of it, figuring they were pulling someone who had also not paused long enough at the stop to give them a ticket. As I continued down our street, I saw that an older model black Cadillac was zooming. Toward me. I hesitated for a second, trying to take in everything, and then pulled over to the side of the road as the car narrowly missed me, skidded across the road, and took a sharp turn to the left, trying to run away from the police car. The police car then zoomed right in front of me to chase after the black car.

It was then that I realized I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. And I had just had a very close call.

I paused for a moment. Then I continued down our street. I could see the black car and the police car playing cat and mouse, and they barrelled down our alley. Dust went flying everywhere. Then I saw the policeman getting out and running, and I saw a man running the opposite direction.

At this point nearly everyone in the neighborhood was out on their front porch taking in the drama. I mean, in our small town, this is some serious drama. It is the most exciting thing to happen on our street since the last little bit of drama.

And Zach is convinced that we are going to be famous when the police car's video camera is shown. I think someone has seen too many low-budget reality clip shows with his dad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's crazy!

Our air conditioner went out the other day so our family spent the night at my parents' house. After tucking Ethan in for the 3rd time, I looked in a closet for a blanket and found my Mom's photo album for 1997. Long story short, as Scott and I were looking though, there is a two page spread of Gary and his birthday! My Mom made him a chocolate cake and there were gifts... it looks like a grill set was opened. This is so funny to us, because neither Scott or I have ANY recollection of this mini party for Gary- even though we were there too and had at least some part in organizing it. Ask Gary if he remembers? He's part of the Morris family albums! :) This did make us remember how much fun it would be to hang out with you guys! Hope we can connect soon!

Kristen said...

That is crazy in a town like this! wow!!!

realitymomma said...

well, just a little activity to spark up ol' brownwood. but wait - football in two weeks. now that will be the talk of your town!