Anytime I am melting chocolate to dip something in, it tended to get clumpy and cool quickly after the chocolate has been heated. Recently I discovered an easy fix for this problem.
If you buy the big bark of chocolate, it advises you to melt it in the microwave. (ie: I was dipping cake balls into the chocolate and then letting them cool on waxed paper, but this would work for strawberries, etc.) What I do is after melting it in the microwave, I set my small bowl of chocolate on my candle warmer to keep the temperature warm. This allows me to use the entire bowl of chocolate without the need to reheat and without the clumps.
It works great!
2 comments:
Great tip! Did you get your dishwasher yet?
Funny you should ask. That is my next blog entry. Just got one Friday. A working one, I should say....details to come!
Post a Comment