Our success rate with fish in the recent months has been less than stellar. Our new goldfish had not been eating well or acting right. I actually called the pet store yesterday to see what they thought, and they said he should be okay, but this morning he was floating on the top of the water. Luckily, Zach took this very well. He hadn't gotten very attached to "Christmas" and he took it all in stride. (Truth be known, I was kind of glad that this fish died because I wasn't looking forward to calling a fish "Christmas" all year long.) I scooped up our dead fish and toted him in a Ziploc to the pet store. This time, Zach decided to get another beta and named him "Spike". I guess that would be our theme actually for the day because when I told Zach that he needed a haircut today, he said that he wanted to get a haircut that he could spike on the top with gel. This was the first time he has ever had an opinion about his hair. It did turn out pretty cute. So here is Spike with Zach and his spikey hair. Let's hope we can keep him alive a little longer!

(By the way, for those of you keeping score, this is my 100th post!)
4 comments:
I had a dream last night that we had a big aquarium with lots of fish in it, kinda like the one in Finding Nemo. Anyways, four of the fish died and I remember seeing them floating at the top of the water and was sooo grossed out. Robert had to fish them out, I just couldn't stomach it! Weird that I had that dream last night!
He looks so cute!!
Have a great Christmas!!
I understand the drawn out Christmas. My grandmother's is tomorrow, my dad's Friday, my in-laws Saturday, my mom's Sunday and then ours on Monday!!!!! Then I get to do birthdays.....
spike and his spike haired friend look great! about the fish? are you using tap water or bottled water. it took kirk and i three fish to figure out we needed bottled water. we also found out when we left it with our neighbor for a week, that if you feed it every day, it cannot handle it. they tell you to feed them everyday, but we did three to four times a week. after all of that, we kept one for two years! syd was like zach, after losing so many when we bought the last one, she said, "i wonder how long this one will make it?" they are tough little hearts aren't they?
have a great christmas.....
We joined you in the ownership of a fish! I figured it is the only thing Ty can actually care for, should I say help with. Sounds like you guys are busy! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with all of your family!
P.S.
I am with Jenni on that fire incident, I cannot believe they did not come tell you the fire dept. was at your house!!!! So glad it was not worse.
Post a Comment