Tuesday, December 05, 2006

If You Do The Crime....

Well, I am paying the time now for my little ticket mishap in October. I sat through my first three hours of defensive driving last night and will complete the second half of the course tonight. It is held in a conference room at the local "Best Value Inn" and it is every bit glamorous as you might expect. The class is taught by a guy who also runs the local bail bonds, and he is everything you would expect for a bail bondsman. The interesting thing is that though I am one of five people in the course, one of them is the elderly lady who lives across the street from us. Such a small town! What I have learned in the course is that I apparently retained very little to no information from my driver's ed days. I never knew how little I knew about driving...but I am not alone. The other four people in the class are just as clueless.

Though we have plans for our first Christmas get together this weekend, I haven't gotten myself in a real Christmas mood yet. I think it is just the change of scenery and the lack of shopping availability. I really need to get on top of things, though, because I know Christmas will be here before I know it. I also need to get more savy with the online shopping. Amazon.com, here I come!

2 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I also got a ticket in October. I am taking my defensive driving online. I have signed up and paid for the course, but I have yet to sit down and take it. This is my first time to do it this way. We'll see how it goes!

Lisa Renee said...

I have 90 days, well probably less than that now, to do that myself. I did it on line right after Olivia was born. It was nice to be able to go through it faster that way and it was SUPER easy! You just have to do it enough in advance for them to send your stuff in the mail. I was pushing it there but made it. Hope the Christmas spirit finds you soon!