I don't have any pressing news to share, so I thought I would give you all a glimpse of the thoughts milling around in my head (Scary, huh?):
- I heard today on the news that congress is considering passing a law against spanking children. This made me think about several things. 1) isn't that a little intrusive into individual lives, 2) how in the world would they ever enforce that? (or do I want to know), 3) I know for certain that would not deter those who are violent toward children, 4) is this just a distraction from more pressing issues that congress really should be working on?
- I have had two flat tires that were repaired simultaneously last week and now again have another flat tire. Why are my tires such a magnet for nails when Gary's car seems to be doing just fine?
- If we have had this very unusual snowfall this year, does this mean that the "drought" is over? Should we expect a wet year? Is all of that global warming stuff real?
- Why is it that no matter how much food is in my pantry and how many clothes are in my closet, I still have nothing to fix for dinner and nothing to wear?
- After an up and down roller coaster of behavior at preschool last semester, my son has become the most well-behaved child in his class since we started back. His explanation? He decided he was going to start acting better all of the time. My question: Why did it take him so long?
- I have decided that I am going to work on writing a children's book. I have even secured my very best childhood friend to be the artist for this venture! Thanks to those of you who have encouraged me to give it a try. I will keep you updated on my progress.
- I am already getting nervous about the presidential election and as such have decided to put a temporary ban on most news. I will rely on the news blurbs on the MSN homepage to keep me updated on global affairs until everyone is done "putting their hat in the ring".
- I am very excited for a special friend of mine about something special happening in her life. She knows who she is!
- I am also very excited for a special family member of mine who is experiencing similar bliss! She knows who she is, too! And I couldn't be happier for her!
- There is yet another commercial on TV that makes men, fathers in particular, look like blubbering idiots. We have got to get the media to change this! I don't want my son growing up believing that he will grow up to be incompetent, useless, mindless and completely in need of a woman's help to survive.
- My son is convinced that there is buried treasure in our backyard because his friend, who is in kindergarten (and thereby knows "EVERYTHING") told him there was. Zach has announced this to all of his friends. I can not convince Zach and his friends that there is not a necessity to dig up our entire back yard. I had told them that they could dig in a flower bed that is currently empty, but apparently this is not likely to be the location of the buried treasure (go figure!). I am actually debating on burying something in that flower bed just to get him over this obsession with digging up my yard.
- For all of my fellow "Antiques Roadshow" fans out there, the online request for tickets opens up tomorrow. I was dismayed to find out that only one submission is allowed (you can't go online and submit every day, or you get kicked out completely.) I am keeping my fingers crossed that two tickets will be coming my way!
Have a great week everyone!
2 comments:
That digging up treasure thing made me laugh outloud! Too funny. You know, Zach has totally got it about just making a decision to act better all around, I think I will do that too! Hope your all thawed there, we are still freezing here and I AM SICK OF IT!
I enjoyed your thoughts. I say go for it with the book, I think it would be great!
Post a Comment