Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Hard as it is to believe, it is now 2007! The last year was a complete whirlwind for our family. Our lives were completely turned upside down over the course of last year, but we are much better for the changes, I think. We rang in the new year with some of our new friends here and we had a wonderful time. I will try post some pictures later. Despite the fact that Gary was on call last night and today, he was able to attend most of the party and was there for the all-important midnight kiss! (Luckily I had Zach as a backup!)

The New Year means a lot of things to a lot of people. To most people, it is a time to reflect and make resolutions for how they will make their lives better. My friends and I are no different--we have also set some goals. Though it is very cliche, my friends and I have decided that we are determined to develop healthier lives physically and spiritually. We are determined to eat better, exercise more, and be more diligent about our study in the Word. One way that we plan to keep this resolution is to keep a weekly support group so that we can be accountable.

Happy New Year, friends! Thank you to all of you who have been a source of strength and support through the last year and to those of you who will continue to do so in 2007! We are so blessed by you all.

2 comments:

realitymomma said...

it is always good to set the cliche goals. they are good ones. the hard part is sticking to them!!!! what a great idea for the support group. i can tell you are making a difference in brownwood and doing some good work there. continue to have a great week and a grand beginning to the new year!!!!

Lisa Renee said...

Fun to hear about your friendships in just a few months! I think when you develop spiritual discipline the physical comes more easily. Not that I am there! A constant work in progress is what I am! Happy New Year Binkley's!