Monday, January 08, 2007

Well, we're moving on up!!!!

I feel like we are in that DELUXE APARTMENT IN THE SKY--EYE-EYE!


I just received a package that I feel certain will transform all of my computer experiences at home from here on out. That's right folks, we have DSL!!!!! Yes, I am aware that almost everyone else in the WORLD has DSL, but we are finally on board. (I won't even go into the fact that I still have to record my favorite shows on a VCR...) This is not my first experience with DSL, but it is the first time we have ever had it at our home. Since the last year has been filled with digital pics and blogs, and with the recent addition of an iPod to the Binkley family, Gary and I decided that it was time to get on board.

In the spirit of my new ability to do things at a reasonable pace*, here are some recent pics:





Zach and his buddies played a Playstation guitar game at the New Year's Party.





Zach really enjoyed the game. I think he may take after his Uncle Josh!

Gary got in on the act as well...



Here are some of my friends and I at the party. We had a fun time ringing in the new year with this crew!
Here we are, the champs of "Compatibility" trying to hold on to our crown...If you have never played this game before, it is designed for couples to see if they can think alike. It was pretty fun!


*for those of you who have never had to use blogger with a dial-up connection, let me tell you all about it. When there was "old blogger" it took me around 20-30 min a picture to upload. When "blogger beta" came into effect, it was about 10-15 min a picture. Now, I can get a pic on here within fifteen seconds! Yea !!!!

2 comments:

realitymomma said...

glad to hear you are living life in the fast lane!!! don't feel bad, rian and erica just now got a computer that they could hook up to internet. they got dsl too. i am proud to hear you got an ipod. those are the best. we love ours and now i want to give mine to syd, so i can get a newer one. (we have the mini ipod - old version...) i guess i will have to wait until we get through baby stuff!

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I can laugh at you only because I can relate! We had dial-up until about a year ago. Now we are somewhere between dial-up and DSL. I never used the computer until we got faster internet, now you can't get me off!

We still use the VCR for our favorite shows. However, we recently decided to become a DVD only household (with a few exceptions) I was holding out because of all of the kids' VHS we owned until I realized that they actually watched only a handful and that was when they were in the car. Now that they got their DVD players for C-mas, we made the plunge. I'm not sure what we will do when we are ready to record a show...