Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

After I just had a thirty minute discussion yesterday with my son about how we live further south than we used to, and it probably will only snow once every few years and that it will probably never be enough snow to build a snowman in, this is what I found when I awoke:


Yep, God sure does like to remind me that He is in control! (In my defense, the locals say that this happens about once every ten to fifteen years.) Zach was very excited to go play in the snow. He had some snow boots that his great-gran had given him and so he actually got to wear them today! He had great fun making tracks in the snow, which was his favorite thing to do. He also wanted to try to taste the snow, which he did before I even had a chance to ponder in my mind whether or not it was safe. He wanted to make a snow angel, which he did. We attempted a snowman, but my skills in the snowman department are not all that great, so we are waiting on daddy to come home around lunch to help us with that venture. When we came in, we both had hot chocolate (mine with soy milk-which was actually okay ... remember, "new healthy lifestyle!") What a fun day! We are so glad to have this snow. It is so beautiful. And, of course, it is fun too!



BLOG UPDATE: Daddy says the snow is too dry to make a snowman. He couldn't get it to work either. It just won't stick well enough to make a snowball that is bigger than palm-size. Whew! That sure made me feel better and less like I am too incompetent to do something a child should be able to do!

3 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I remember the last time it snowed that much in your area. Robert and I were just talking about it last night. It probably was about 12 years ago!

Lisa Renee said...

That is funny about the dry snow! I love the snow angel picture! It reminds me of Christmas Story. Your little guy is just so handsome! I like that last one with his hood on too! We have heard that we are supposed to get 9-10" this weekend, the most in 6 years out here. Hey, still miss your face around here. We are putting our house on the market next week........so I guess we wouldn't be neighbors forever anyway. I am still tricked by the silver explorer that lives down your way from time to time :(

Jami said...

Love the hair! Did you get highlights?