Friday, May 25, 2007

Adventures in a Small Town

I feel compelled to explain the new title to our blog. This friend was ever so kind to give me her blogging background after I questioned her unique ability to find the coolest blogs. This led me to an hour-long (or maybe longer...I didn't really pay attention) blog hop today. It was during this journey of "lurking" that I discovered my blog title was really quite...boring. Extremely boring. You see, I was definitely new to the blog thing when this gal encouraged me to just try it. I was in way over my head when I created our blog and certainly could have used some blogging help. Thus, we had a very basic, boring title. So today I decided to spice that area of our blog up a bit.

Small town life was something I lived as a child, but in a totally different way. We were in a small town, but very near a big metro area. So I truly had the best of both worlds. Here, we are little more isolated from that luxury, and life is a little different. It has been a growing process, but since I know that we are supposed to be here, and I know that it will likely be for quite some time, I must do just as this blog now says...grow where I am planted.

And let me just tell you, small town life is definitely an adventure!!!!

3 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Love the new look and the new name!
Have a great time on your blogging adventure.

Lisa Renee said...

I am SOOOO glad you blog. Like the new layout and the name. Makes me think of Mary Engelbreit. Hope your having a good weekend. We have coldness, wetness, and allergies here. Along with some irritibilities! Sounds like a perfect holiday weekend!

realitymomma said...

jen-
love the layout and change of title. your title is very meaningful and means so much to me, since i am having to grow in this town where i have been planted. i can't believe it has already been a year. wow! where were we at this time last year? i think you have grown a lot there in brownwood and thus a year later a change of title is symbolic to a change your life can have in just a short while.

ok, that really is the english teacher in me speaking - but it's true a great title!