



The next morning we went to a Health Museum that is very kid-oriented. Here we are "inside" of some body parts. We got to see a show where they made various foods explode and fizz and do neat stuff. (Yeah, mentos and diet coke were part of the show.)


Once we were done there, we hit the road to check into our next hotel and prepare to go to Sea World on Thursday. We caught a fireworks show that evening, but it was a little disappointing. (Interestingly enough, we saw a much better show here in our own hometown the weekend after the 4th.) We had good luck with the weather, despite the rain storms. We were lucky that they hit on the days we were traveling or inside. At Sea World it sprinkled a little, but only when we were inside a show, so we were not affected by it.


By Friday we were pretty exhausted. We slept in and loaded up with five minutes to spare before out 11 am checkout time. We stopped through a few towns and did some shopping and then headed back home. I picked up an old antique school desk and some jewlery.
When we got home, we had to immediately get into VBS preparations so that was what we did all weekend and then all of this week, but now we are done! It was a great success, but I am definitely in need of a nap and my house is in need of some TLC. We have somewhat unpacked, but I am hoping to finish that up today and get things back into order.
Zach said he wished that we could always be on vacation, but we reminded him that it is the fact of vacation being a special time that makes it so fun. I have to say, though, that I can't wait until the next one!
3 comments:
Hey! I have been dying to know where y'all went and get all the fun details - how long of a drive was that!?
It was about five hours to Gary's grandmother's, from there a couple of hours to NASA and then we drove about two more hours to get to Sea World. Not too bad...especially with the DVD player to entertain Zach!
Back-to-back vacation and VBS? Sounds like several naps are in order!
Post a Comment