Late July in our hometown means Rodeo Time. So as is our new tradition, we loaded up on Saturday morning for the parade. This year we met up with a bunch of our friends. We were a little disappointed with the lack of candy this year, but the kids still had a fun time. Then later that evening we all loaded up for the rodeo. Zach and his friends had a good time watching the events.
When it was time for the calf scramble, all of our kids dashed down to try their chance at pulling a ribbon off of three very scared and innocent calves. All in good fun, of course!
To be honest, all of this "rodeoing" is fairly new to me, but I have to admit that it is really a fun time. We had a great weekend.
****************************
On another note, if you do not know this lady and you have small children, you need to get to know her. Affectionately known as the "ladybug lady" by my friend's daughter, she is the author of many, many children's books, bibles and curriculum and the composer of many cd's and dvd's that are just wonderful! She just published a new Bible that is geared for the beginning reader, and so we were pleased to have the chance to pick up our own signed copy last Friday. Zach and I have begun reading his new Bible and he really likes it. Since he is not yet in kindergarten, he still is not quite reading well, but the way it is written kept him really engaged. He did not want to stop reading. The best part, in my opinion, is that almost every book of the Bible is covered, rather than just the regular "Bible stories". I highly recommend all of her products, as we faithfullly listened to her music when Zach was small and I have also used her curriculums for preschool and Bible classes. I will likely be using her materials this fall and spring in my music class!
4 comments:
Y'all are too cute in your cowboy/girl hats - that looks so fun!
I didn't know you were so country:) Where are your boots?
LOVE your rodeo attire!
That ticker is so cute!
Post a Comment