Okay, blogworld. I have been keeping a secret, but I am ready to share now. A few weeks ago when Zach was away, my dear friend who is also Zach's swim instructor said that we should get together and do swimming lessons. So I agreed. Within one hour, I was actually, truly swimming in a real pool. It was quite an accomplishment for me! But then I was embarrassed to admit to anyone that I, at 26 years of age, had just completed a swimming lesson. I mean, I am about twenty years behind! But I decided that a feat is a feat, so since you guys already knew about my issues, I thought I could share how I am trudging through them.
And then not long after that, our Bible class had a party at the lake. And so I bravely strapped on a life jacket and I went into a lake for the first time ever. It was a little scary to me to not be able to touch bottom, but I did it. And I also went tubing. Like as in I was being drug by a ski boat on a tube as I held on to it for dear life. So that was definitely a huge accomplishment and a true "first." (Zach also did this for his first time, and he was not too thrilled with it.)
And today, I went to the dentist, which did not concern me. I have never had a cavity in my life. I am a dentist's dream, right? Well, the hygienist informed me that I have my first cavity...two of them actually. I was horrified. And then I was terrified. I ask her for a run-down on what filling a cavity would entail. So I am scheduled to have that done in about a month, which is the soonest I could get in. So that will definitely be a first...and it may be accompanied by a Valium! Needles, drills, etc. are not in my top ten list.
I am beginning to organize my first preschool classroom. A room all to myself to decorate a personalize! I am very excited about it. And, to tell the truth, I am a little nervous. I will have 1s, 2s, 3s and 4s for twenty minute classes, each. I am feeling okay about all of the classes except for the 1s. What to do with one year olds for 20 minutes? I am still processing that.
And then, as you can see by the ticker, there is our biggest first that is coming up. Kindergarten. I am supposed to register Zach on the 8th. And before you start commenting that I really should have done that earlier, be advised that this IS the earliest I could register him! It really frustrated me at first, but since there is nothing I can do about it, we will be in line with the hundred other 5 year olds on Wednesday. And, yes, I do have all of my paperwork in order now!
The summer is winding down much more quickly than I ever imagined. We have had a great time, and I can't believe it is coming to an end.
4 comments:
As the mother of one of those 1 year olds you'll be teaching I say "GOOD LUCK!!!" I'm sure Thomas will be a model student, though!
Good Job girl - when we get back, Steve will have you wakeboarding in no time!
And don't worry about the fillings - I too am a dentist's dream - in that he makes lots of money off my bad dental genes. It's really not that bad.
Good for you, learning how to swim! You will be so glad you did when you can rest assured on the side of the pool that if Zach ever needed you, you could help him.
Pre-school is right around the corner. . .we're getting ready here, too.
Kinder is so much fun, it's pretty easy to convince yourself that it's not REAL school. Then you can put off the, "My Baby's going to school" stuff for another year.
Lots of hand movement songs!
I like your new blog layout and little voter deal!
I am SUPER proud of you for taking a swim lesson and sharing that with us! How neat that you were in the lake soon after.
Also never had a cavity and just knocked on wood. I had a vallum right before lasik and it realized it is the greatest invention ever. I did not get sleepy or loopy, just relaxed. I should take more when I go to visit my family! Let me know how it goes!
Post a Comment