Monday, August 27, 2007

Turning a New Leaf

Alright, well the past few days have been VERY eventful in the Binkley family. So many changes are going on right now! Let me get you all up to speed...

First off we had "Meet the Teacher Night" on Friday and got to meet our new kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Blake. Zach really seemed to like her. Her room was very neat and very, very large! It looks like a lot of fun.


On Saturday, we had Zach's birthday party. We are a little limited on places to have birthday parties in our hometown, so we selected the gymnastics center where some of Zach's friends have had his parties. It is a really fun place with lots of trampolines, which are set down into the floor. There is also a big foam pit for the kids to jump into and they have an inflatable obstacle course that is by far the best inflatable I have ever seen! The kids had a great time. Here are some of the highlights:





Finally, today was Zach's first day of kindergarten. Last night he said he was excited, but a little nervous. This morning he was up and ready to go. He walked in ahead of us and right into his classroom. Luckily we immediately spotted one of his friends from preschool, so that made him feel very comfortable. He sat down and they started playing and he was pretty much ready for us to go. Now I will admit that it was very hard for me to actually leave him in there. I desperately wanted to just be a fly on the wall and watch how his day went. I wanted to see if he was behaving, if he was making friends, and I wanted to see what they were doing. But, unfortunately, I had to leave him at 8:05 am whether or not I wanted to. Fortunately many of my friends were there to console me and keep me from sneaking around outside to peek through the window!

2 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH! What a fun party and super cool cake!

Also, glad you both did okay for his first day. I can only imagine. You sure look pretty though! Your men are handsome little dudes too! Sounds like it was a successful day :)

BTW, still miss your face around these parts. My in-laws are in your town today at their lake house. We still have yet to get out there.

Jami said...

So sweet.....that backpack is as big as he is! Hard to believe you have a kindergartener!