Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Random Items Found In My Purse

My purse needs cleaning out in a bad, bad way. I have been carrying around my largest and most favorite purse all summer and it is filled to the brim. I have not cleaned it out in MONTHS. Until they invent self-cleaning purses, and I don't see that happening any time soon, I guess it is up to me to do it. And it is definitely time...
For fun today, I thought I would list 13 of the random objects that are currently located in my purse.


1. Not one, not two, but three pairs of sunglasses. Could I be more prepared? I had one pair at the beginning of the summer. I left them by accident at Gary's grandmother's right at the start of our vacation. I replaced them with a not-so-fantastic red pair picked up on the road. I then replaced those with a much better Target find a week after vacation and then received my original sunglasses back.
2. Bath & Body Works Instant Anti-Bacterial Hand Foam, green apple scent. This is a Binkley must-have. All three of us use it all of the time!
3. Zach's friend, Austin's, toy lizard. It is about a foot long and is stretchy, so I have accidentally grabbed his tail all day while grabbing for my wallet during our errands.
4. A toy helicopter.
5. A toy race car.
6. A toy hand-clapper.
7. A toy C-3PO and toy Anakin (from Star Wars).
8. Around five tubes of lipstick, which I will never be able to find when I actually need. And honestly, lipstick makes it to my lips maybe once or twice a week. I am doing good to fix my hair most days!
9. Tooth whitening samples that the lady at Wal-mart insisted I take. (Hopefully only because she was doing her job, not because she was dropping a hint!)
10. A ticket stub from "The Bourne Ultimatum"--go see it, it is good!
11. At least three months worth of Wal-mart, CVS and Brookshire's receipts. (Hey, they work great for when your son randomly hands you his gum because he is "done with it.")
12. My red cell phone and my digital camera.
13. Zach's sherriff badge...you know, in case of an emergency.
And many, many more things!
I am a total and complete mom, and my purse says it all! But not only do I tote a "mom purse," I more specifically tote the purse of a mom of an almost six year old. Not too long ago, sippy cups, bags of goldfish, etc. would have been listed. We have graduated from food to small toys. Thank goodness for the ever-changing stages. But admittedly, sometimes I miss those goldfish crumbs lining my purse!

2 comments:

Alisha Stewart said...

I can't even remember the last time I carried a purse. I have to admit that I secretly enjoy my diaper bag because I can fit the whole house in it if I need to:)

Lisa Renee said...

You crack me up!

Ditto what Alyssa said but I am nearing not carrying one! Now I get a backpack, plus a diaper bag and soon will be two backpacks and a purse!