- Teaching Zach to tie his shoes....I had good intentions, but I just gave up I guess. Or got lazy. Turns out it is not all that easy of a thing to teach no matter how many bunny rabbit stories you tell. We will keep trying. D-
- First Family Vacation...with flying colors. It was a great time! A+
- Better Bible Study Routine...well I have been hosting a Bible study every Tuesday night for the past month and that has definitely gotten me in the Word more often, but I still am not doing as well as I would like to. Still working on being more consistent. B-
- Get remaining boxes cleaned out. Yep, I did that...but I am just not that good at throwing things away. I have, however, become aware of each boxes contents, discarded obvious trash and am putting them away for safekeeping in the garage. A-
- Locate/Replace Zach's SS card, Birth Cert, Shot Record...Oh, the joy it was to obtain those documents! But, I got it done. And since we just had a final check-up last week and have added three more shots to our record, I feel confident that we are in good shape. We are registered and everything. I even have bought school supplies already (is that extra credit?). A+
- Reorganize my kitchen cabinets...got that done too, and boy it was fun! In case some of you have forgotten, just take a little gander at my profile on the sidebar. I have a sick enjoyment of organizing. And since I had a sick child for a week, I had plenty of time to tackle this. A+
- Organize playdates....that was definitely done. We spent the majority of the summer away from the house...as evidenced by the pile of ironing that I need to get around to ASAP. I have only been ironing on an "as needed" basis since summer began but hope to get caught back up when school starts. A+
- Plan music curriculum for preschool.... I am still working on this. I have been milling lots of ideas around, doing some research and have even been working some in my room, but I still have plenty of work to do. Thank goodness for the upcoming workdays! B
- Keep exercising/eating healthy....I have actually done pretty well. I have been attending my class at the gym at least twice a week, and the "new healthy lifestyle" has had a few bumps in the road (who diets on vacation?), but overall, I have done okay. B
- Back up all pics on my computer....I actually did that last week. It took some time, but I am SOOO glad I did it. Especially since I checked some backup CDs that I had done before only to find out they were blank! This time I double-checked to make sure that we won't lose those precious memories! A+
- Decorate the game room....well, we have had a snag with that. Our main "game" piece is going to be a ping pong table and it won't be here until September. We also have not found a couch that we like yet, and I am not going to paint until I know what color the couch will be. So that room is still on hold. F
- Take Zach to the Zoo/Six Flags...luckily, Zach was able to go to the zoo, but I was not the one who took him. My parents took him when he was spending some "grandparent time", but we didn't ever make it to Six Flags. Perhaps we can shoot for Fright Fest or Holiday in the Park. C
- Savor every moment....oh, yeah. I did that for sure. We had a really fun, lazy summer. I am sad to see it ending... A+
Final Grade: B- .....I can definitely live with that!
3 comments:
And you got a dog. And you are learning to swim. And you went to the lake! You get extra credit for all of those!
ok, the fact that you made a list of goals at the beginning of summer and the fact that you remembered them all throughout summer and the fact that you found the list of goals at the end of summer and the fact you took the time to evaluate them
A++++++++++++
Ditto to the first two comments. GO MRS.BINKLEY!
Post a Comment