Well, this week's poll question was:
What is the best thing about going back to school?
57% of you said "seeing friends".
Although I voted for new clothes (did anyone see "shopping" listed as one my interests?), I definitely have to agree. That will be the best reason that I am going back to school. You see, my new part-time job is really a great excuse for me to hang out with my friends three days a week. Yes, I am excited about the music program that I am developing and I am excited about the kids, but the best part for me will be working with my friends! Friends really make our lives more complete, don't they? It should be noted that there was one vote for "a fresh, new start", which I also agree with. It is fun to start the slate over. (And there was also one vote for "other.")
As we get closer to the start of the school year, I am a mix of emotions. We have been practicing getting up and go through our new school routine. I actually drove Zach to his elementary school yesterday, primarily because I wanted to time our drive. (I realize that the streets will be much more crowded on the real day, but wanted a ballpark timeline.) When we got home, I was a little sad thinking that next Monday I will be relinquishing my baby into that building full of strangers for seven hours! Zach could not be more excited, so I am trying to not let him see me feeling sad. I know that within a few weeks I will be blogging about the greatness of dropping my kindergartener off and having a full day to do as I please, but for now I am just a little bit sad.
We have a lot going on for the next few weeks: Zach's birthday party is Saturday, he starts school on Monday, we also will begin soccer very soon, and of course we have our high school football games on Friday nights. I will keep you all updated on the events of the coming weeks!
1 comment:
One of my favorite things about fall is high school football. So fun!
Post a Comment