On Saturday, Gary and I took our little cowboy to the rodeo parade, where he managed to fill his cowboy hat with candy. We spent a little bit of time at the downtown rodeo festival and then that night we took him to the rodeo. I have never seen Zach so quiet and still in my life! He loved every second of it. We couldn't convince him to go down for the calf scramble, but he had a lot of fun! Zach also developed quite a crush on Miss Texas Rodeo. She said "Hi, darlin' " to him at the parade and he has not forgotten it! He keeps talking about how pretty she is.
On Sunday we enjoyed attending an old-fashioned potluck lunch at the church. The church where we used to attend was too large to have regular potlucks, but since I grew up attending them, I really enjoyed it. The food was very good and so was the fellowship!
Gary started his first day at the office today. He was excited, but a little nervous! I know he will do a great job. This is everything he has wanted, and I know that the Lord will be taking care of him every step of the way.
2 comments:
How fun to go to the rodeo and a parade! Zach is in the perfect town to become a real cowboy! What a great weekend. So what did you take to the potluck? I wish we could have those here. I am looking forward to the every other month ones in ladies class. Have you met a lot of great new people at your new church?
That is so great!! Our kids loved the rodeo too when we took them this summer.
We miss you guys so much but are glad you are having a great time and adjusting to the move.
Post a Comment