As the candlestick in Beauty and the Beast so wonderfully invited, so we too invite all of you friends to come see us. We now, finally, have a real guest bed! (No more couch, for those of you who came to see us before!)
I also decided to call a painter and see if he would give us some quotes, and with a little arm twisting, I have gotten Gary's go-ahead to get three rooms done. He can't come until mid-Sept, but I am just glad to get three rooms painted without my elbow grease. As I had told Gary, until the rooms are colors that we like, we will never be as happy in the house. The colors are not bad, they are just really dark, and we like our house to be a little brighter, cheerier!
I am still trying to figure out what to do for Zach's Bday. Since we just recently moved, I don't feel right inviting kids to a party when he has only known them for a few weeks. That would feel kind of weird, and I certainly wouldn't want them to feel obligated to bring presents! Any suggestions from my clever friends? He really wants friends over for some kind of a party, but I am sure you all understand what I mean. (And Emily Post says it is rude to even mention presents on an invitation, so the whole "your friendship is the best present" is not really a good option either!)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
1 comment:
Post a Comment