Sunday, August 27, 2006

Board...but not Bored!

Ahh....the huge black cloud that had been sitting over our family for quite some time (aka the Internal Medicine Board Exam) has been lifted, and we could not be happier! After much dedicated studying and hard work, Gary took the last test he will take for the next ten years on Thursday. Now this is a man who has been taking tests for 25 years, and now he is done! He is very excited, to say the least (and I have already had him doing a few little projects for me).

While he was taking his eight-hour test, I decided this was a good time for me to come along and take advantage of some real shopping, so that is what I did! I was so excited to go to Dillards, Stein Mart, Target and all of my other old fav's. I found some great bargains and so I stocked up. You can imagine what I was like after not being able to do some real shopping for almost two months and being in a new house which I want to fix up. I did show some restraint though and managed to keep it down to only what would fit in the car. (I am not kidding, when all was said and done we only had a small spot for Zach in the Explorer!)

Zach is starting soccer practice this week. He also is turning (*sob*) five on Tuesday. I can't even think about it without being weepy. I have been resisting the fact that he is no longer little, but now that he is five and almost completely independent, I am just sad. Luckily, he is still sweet and he is still crazy about his mommy! (I have also convinced him not to call me "Mom" yet. It makes me feel old. I can only handle "Mommy".)

We have a busy week ahead. I will keep you all posted!

3 comments:

A D said...

5 I can't believe it!!! Don't worry, Elizabeth already calls me mom sometimes and Cody dad sometimes, but Thomas still calls us mommy and daddy all the time, except when he calls Cody by his name.
We miss you!!!!!

Lisa Renee said...

Yea Gary! That is awesome! Glad you were able to have a little fun too. You will have to post some pics of Zach in his soccer attire! That is the only sport I stuck with through highschool and was any good at.

realitymomma said...

hey, any time you need to shop, come see me in waco! also, there is a goody's there. it is like a stein mart, but with tj maxx prices. they have really good clothes - kids too. they also clearance their clearance so you get things for CHEAP! you have met Lisa benton. that is kirk's cousin, actually chad is his cousin, but she is too! hope to see you soon, would be glad to meet you at underwoods. don't fret about him turning 5 - wait until he goes to kindergarten....i a sad, too.