While I know the road was much longer than she might would have wished for, we had the privilege of watching my mom graduate with her Master's Degree last night. I was very happy for her! I know that this is an accomplishment that she has been hoping to achieve for sometime. My mother really is a college success story. She is one of those few women who drop out of school to raise children and actually go back, finish, and get their dream job. (Her dream job is teaching kindergarten and first graders....Certainly not everyone's!) Now, she has gone a step further and earned her master's degree. I know she had to be breathing a sigh of relief that she is done!
Congrats are also in order for my dear friend, Krystal, who has obtained employment with her recent alma mater (master's degree, as well!) in the art department. I am SOOOO very proud of her. She has worked very hard to be where she is, and I know she will do a great job. (I also hope she will keep an eye on my little bro who will be out there this fall!)
Finally, I want to say a big congrats to Gary. He is doing a great job, and he said that he really, truly loves his job. How many people can say that? (And let me tell you that was so good to hear...I mean after all of those years of hard work, I can't imagine the anguish if he DIDN'T like it.) He is beginning to be recognized around town, and he already has admiring patients! He is a fantastic doctor, and I am so glad that he believed in God's path for him.
The common bond between all three of these very special people in my life is that they had to face obstacles to get to where they are today. Now, they are living out their childhood dreams. They inspire me, and I hope that today you will be inspired by them as well!
1 comment:
That is totally awesome!! Is my age showing (ha ha). Follow your dreams. Cody is also following his dream and he had to work hard too to become a pharmacist. He would love to open his own little shop with the soda fountain etc but with insurance I don't know if that will happen and I really don't think he wants to mess with that but he has said if he was going to do it, it would be completely compounding. But he is such a people person that I know whatever he wants to do in this field he will do it well. Thanks for your inspiring stories. It helps people not to give up on their dreams.
Post a Comment