Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sink or Swim

Zach has been attending private swimming lessons this week. So far, he is making slow but steady progress. For those of you who didn't hear the story, he fell into one of our friends' pool a few months ago and Gary had to fish him out. Since I am not a big swimmer, he has never been around pools very much. Last year I had enrolled him in lessons, but they were a joke (and a HUGE waste of money). We knew that he needed to get back in the water and get over some of his anxiety before the summer was over. He definitely will not be ready to be on his own, but I am hoping we can do some more lessons next summer and get him comfortable enough to swim with his friends.

Other than that, we are not doing much. I am still doing gradual unloading of boxes. Obviously none of them contain anything essential, so I am hoping that most of their contents can be thrown out. I feel like we are perhaps too sentimental sometimes. When you have a child, it is hard to part with some of their creations, but you have to. We definitely are feeling more settled here. I have met a lot of nice ladies and have a fairly full schedule most weeks. Gary is still loving his job. Zach is ready to go to preschool on the 30th and I am ready for him to go!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

A D said...

Swimming lessons should be fun. Glad he is okay.
Elizabeth will start preshcool on the 2nd of Sept and will get to do gymnastics. I think she will have a lot of fun and Thomas and I will just do the same old thing. But I think he will like getting all my attention.
Love you - see you soon.

Lisa Renee said...

Glad the swimming lessons are better this go around. Are you going to be working this fall or school? I am going to miss you at B.H.