And I hated my name. I hated it only because I knew that hearing my name did not necessarily mean that someone was talking to me...and I hated it because ignoring the hearing of my name when it was actually directed at me was considered rude. (Sigh...)
I even have to go by Ms. Jennifer B. at preschool because there are other Jennifers there. And it is a small preschool.
I am telling you all the woes of my name because for the first time EVER, my name has become a good thing. I was awarded this today, my very first blog award, solely because I am a Jennifer from a fellow Jennifer (or actually "Jenni", as the case may be).

So today, I am glad to be a Jennifer. I am proud to stand with all of the other Jennifers out there. We know what it is like to be lumped together with only your last initial...or sometimes even your last name....to distinquish you from the pack.
And since I do not have any other fellow Jennifer bloggers, I hereby give this award to my friend, Lisa, who has been having an unbelievable run of sickness in her family. I hope that it will cheer her up and make her day bright!
4 comments:
I'm laughing about STILL having to go by Ms. Jennifer B at pre-school! There were 5 Jennifers in my high school graduating class. I was the only Jenni. There were even TWO Jennifer Lynn Jones. So one went by Jennifer L. Jones, and one went by Jennifer Lynn Jones. We never could keep up with which one went by which name.
Some of the nicest people I know are Jennifers ~ you included! I grew up being Laura, you know, like "Luke and Laura" from the glory days of General Hospital.
Thank you! You are sweet! Looks like the illness strikes again so it was a nice surprise to see this from you! I just picked up the kids today and looks like Ty has something, fever, red throat, dark eyes, lathargic, etc. I guess it would be his turn since hand foot and mouth was in November! Crazy!
i am glad you were proud of your name today and i am glad for you all receiving the "jennifer blog" award, but hey, look on the bright side, my name is AMY. i feel your pain!
Post a Comment