It has been cold in the mornings. Around 32 degrees or so. And today it was so cloudy that the sky was just a dismal grey. As I walked out to the car to pick Zach up from school, it began to sprinkle. It was that in-between kind of precipitation where an umbrella would be going overboard, but yet you are getting wet enough that it is irritating.
I definitely have the winter blahs.
The only cure I know for the winter blahs comes in the form of comfort foods. So, I called up my hubby and informed him that we would be indulging at one of our local restaurants for dinner. (Don't get too jealous, Amy!) When you come from the south, comfort foods look like this: fried carbohydrates. Am I right?
Yesterday, Bob Greene was on Oprah, and I was all gun-ho about being healthy. Today, she had on Coldstone Creamery, and all I can think is, "forget being healthy, I need a big bowl of ice cream with mix-ins!" (Thankfully, we do not keep ice cream in our home. FOR THAT REASON!)
Let's just hope that the sun comes out soon...or I will be trading in my jeans for sweat pants before long!
1 comment:
jenn - are we going to have to have another talk about underwoods? you're killing me. i am craving their cherry pie! how wrong of you to post this. i guess i am going to have to drive there and eat soon. i will call you and let you know when i do!
it might be a while, though. you might have to go for me!
Post a Comment