Since I have been posting with such serious thoughts lately, I thought I would take the weight off a little bit with Binkley Tips.
- When making coffee, add a couple of dashes of cinnamon to the dry coffee grounds before brewing. It makes it taste VERY gourmet!
- A squirt of whipped cream is the BEST coffee creamer. Ever.
- The perfect low-fat/low-cal smoothie: a cup of frozen fruit, a cup to a cup and a half of vanilla soymilk (kind of have to judge for yourself as you blend), a packet of Splenda. Blend until smooth.
- If you have the space, create a "lid drawer". I put all of the lids to my plastic dishes in the same drawer and it makes it soooo much easier to find the right lid when I need it!
- If your utensil drawer (you know, the one with all the "gadgets") is constantly overflowing like ours was, reevaluate how often you use the items in it. I realized that there were quite a few I only use a few times a year...for instance things I use when I do lots of baking. Now, I put those in a bottom cabinet where they are accessible, but no longer in the way.
- Baskets make a little disorder look very orderly in a snap.
- Magic Brand Premium Starch (sold at Walmart...blue can) is THE BEST starch ever. It never, ever flakes! It is a little more pricey, but well worth it. I do a LOT of ironing, so I know!
- When you get home from the grocery store, take a few minutes to bag chips, pretzels, cookies, etc. into portions in Ziploc baggies. This makes it much faster to make lunches, and it also makes it easy to grab a snack that is already portioned.
What are your favorite tips?
6 comments:
great tips! we need more of these. i will have to try the coffee one, it sounds great!
thanks for the tips.
Wow! You should keep a 'running' list and do a mag article or something. Very helpful.
I plan on eventually passing the love award... have not forgotten.
Hope your week is going well~
No, it wasn't yours! However if yours does sell before our I will be mad! Its only been up a month or two!
I do the lid thing and love it!
My utensil drawer is very shallow. I was getting frustrated that the handles on my measuring cups were always getting stuck in the drawer. Someone told me to store them nesting upside down. It works! No more handles that catch when I open the drawer!
My favorite coffee mix-in is 1/2 to 1 whole packet of hot chocolate. Leave out the cream and sugar.
Thanks for the tips.
I do coffee mochas too, just wanted to wish you an early Happy Anniversary! If you were still down the street I would keep Z so you guys could go out! Maybe someone there will. Have a wonderful day!
My tip is to surround myself with people like you who give good tips! I am going to have to the coffee thing, I love good coffee!!!
Post a Comment