Soccer season was officially launched this weekend with our first game. We had a couple practices before that, but this whole past week the practices were rained out. Despite the rusty soccer skills, the Ravens managed to use some aggressive defense and the game ended in a respectable 0-0. Last soccer season, I was lamenting over the woes that are the soccer schedule. This season I have decided that since Zach loves soccer, I will too. I will be glad to take him to two hour-long practices that occur during dinnertime, and I will be excited about every single game that keeps us in town. Because that is what moms do. I have decided to put on my big girl/Mommy pants and to turn that frown upside down. (Was that enough cliches for you?)
In all seriousness, I really am in a better spirit about soccer. Zach has been looking forward to it so much and it is something that he really gets a lot of self-confidence from. THAT is enough to make me appreciate it. Anything that builds up a kid's self-esteem is worth a little hassle.
I was going to post some pics, but apparently blogger is feeling a little cranky today...aren't we all after losing that hour of sleep Saturday night? I will get them up later when blogger is more agreeable.
2 comments:
Yea for Zach and soccer! Send me a schedule and we'll try to come to a game or two this season.
I need to take inspiration from you and get happy about baseball. . . so far. . . nothing.
Post a Comment