So once everything died last summer, I pretty much left the yard to do what it wanted to do. Our flower beds still have some leaves in them. But a few weeks ago, I noticed that there were beautiful green leaves poking out through the mess of my yard. I knew what it was...daffodils. They come in every spring regardless of what I do to my yard. As neglectful of my yard as I have been, those daffodils come up and bloom the most gorgeous yellow flowers.
God is like that with us. Even though our lives are messes, he is faithful to us and he blesses us. Even though we are not deserving, he is faithful to bestow grace upon us. God takes the ugliness that we have and turns it to beauty.
"Give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love, and his wonderful deeds for men." Psalm 107:8
1 comment:
love this post. You know, mums are the same way, except they come out in the fall. You should plant some of those in Sept and then just wait until next fall!
Post a Comment