Tuesday, January 06, 2009

My New Toy

Remember that crazy day in November this year where shoppers in the U.S. got up at un-real hours of the morning so they could purchase coveted Christmas presents at ridiculously low prices?

I remember it very well. Because that was me, along with them, at 5:00 am at Wal-mart awaiting for the salesclerks to allow me to collect my coveted item. I will admit, I am a repeat offender to this Black Friday Madness. (But, to be fair, I have never run over or gotten in a fist fight with anyone...actually, I am more of a conflict avoider so that is never likely to be in my cards.) This year, Gary was off hunting deer instead of retail, so my Mom joined me.

The item I was after this year was a Cricut.


(If you are not familiar with that, it is pronounced like cricket, the bug...but if you know me, it is definitely nothing related to insects!) It is the absolute coolest thing ever if you are a crafter, scrapbooker, cardmaker, etc. It electronically cuts objects and letters in your specified sizes and it super fun to use. And I got an incredible deal on it that morning! (WAY lower than the price on their website.)

The deal with it was that I was buying myself my Christmas present. And that was fine with Gary because it made his life easier.

I have been having so much fun with my new machine! I want to be a scrapbooker, but don't have the time or dedication, but I do like to make cards, so I have been doing some of that. It is just kind of a stress-reliever for me.
Does anyone else have one of these? What do you make with it?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

ohh that is so fun! I love to scrapbook and I have never seen one of those. Sounds really fun and cool! :)

realitymomma said...

that sounds spiffy! you have got me curious now.... you will have to post pics of things you do with it.