When I left my post on Thursday, I had no idea that Thursday was not done with me yet. It certainly had more in store! We were getting ready to leave for soccer practice when I mentioned to Gary that our room smelled a little funny...like something burning. He insisted that it must be something in the air outside, and so we left. When we got home, we realized I was right (of course--am I EVER wrong?!), and the burning smell was coming from the A/C. Gary unplugged the unit and turned it off and we filed a report with the home warranty company. To make a long, very irritating story short, I just at 5:30 pm today got it fixed and am coming up with most of the money out of my pocket. (Do not EVER use Buyers Home Warranty Company!) We are very blessed, though, because not only does our home have two A/C units, but the one that was still working cools the den, kitchen, office and guest room/bathroom. So we were able to sleep in the guest room and put Zach on the futon in the office and we never suffered a bit!
Zach had his first soccer game and he really enjoyed it. Gary had made fun of me at how many pics I took of Zach's first practice. (Mainly I had done so because he was on call and not able to be there and I wanted him to feel like he was a part of it.) He inisited on being in charge of photography for the game, and I think he took twice as many pics as I would have. What a proud papa!
The most exciting news (to me, anyway) is that our painter is here this week! He is going to get the den and the master bedroom finished tomorrow and start on the office (which we have lovingly nicknamed "the cave" for its dark brown color) on Thursday. Once those rooms are done, I can hang pictures and really make this house a home. I can't stand blank walls, so I had temporarily hung pictures on existing nails on the wall, but that wasn't much better since some of them were higher or off center from where I would want them. Now I can really get down to business! I am sure Gary is less thrilled with this prospect since he is my official "hanger." (He is so precise with levels and tape measures!)
We are really beginning to feel at home here now. We have made some really great friends and are getting more and more involved with our church. Gary still loves his job, and his co-workers are fabulous! We are truly blessed!
2 comments:
Robert is a precise picture hanger. It is irritating to me because it takes so long! I just eyeball it and go. I usually do it while he is at work so he doesn't have a chance to get the level out!
I'm sorry to hear about your AC. Ours has gone out 3 times in the past six months and went out again on Tuesday. The unit is a dinosaur, but the landlords are too cheap to replace it despite recommendations from the AC guys. It's fixed now though. It was pretty hard being without an AC with a newborn, but we managed. I'm glad to know that you guys are getting settled in.
Alisha
Post a Comment