Monday, September 25, 2006

Woe to Wal-mart

I hate Wal-mart. There, I said it. And now, after my most recent shopping experience, I REALLY hate Wal-mart.

Let me just say that now that we are in this new town of ours, my choices are quite limited. It is a choice of the ancient Kroger that is gross, the ancient Brookshires that is gross and overpriced or Wal-mart. So guess where I end up....

Today was like any other day. I made my list of all of the things that we needed, I sighed, and then I headed out to Wal-mart. The shopping experience was okay. I actually found some of the things that I needed the last two shopping trips and they did not have. As I left the store, my basket filled to the brim with my bags, the sensor went off. At first I did not hear it. I was already making a mental list of my other "to do's", but the elderly "greeter" lady chased me down half-way out the door and drug me back into the store. She proceeded to go through almost everything in my basket and to quiz me about what contents were in my purse. (Considering I hadn't cleaned out my purse in over two months, I wasn't quite prepared for a pop quiz.) I was VERY embarrassed that I was having to be searched in front of all of these people, and guessed that while I was being searched someone probably found their chance to shoplift right past the Gestapo. We finally determined the $3 velcro nylon wallet that I had purchased for Zach to keep his allowance in was the culprit. And yes, we determined I had paid for said wallet. (She had a hard time finding "pocketbook" on the receipt....but I convinced her it was a "wallet....$2.96"). I am so glad to know that no one will possibly creep out of our fine Wal-mart with a stolen velcro wallet.

Perhaps the next time I am bored, I will stock up on about twenty of these wallets, along with other items, go through the self-check out, and bag each in a separate bag and then see how many times I can set off the sensor. Should be a barrel of fun!

2 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Dude, do you not want to post my comment?

The Binkley Family said...

I did publish your comment, but you left it on the topic below this one, and I don't know how to move it from one post to another.