Well, it was a very interesting weekend. We had a fair going on here in town, so I took Zach to that on Friday night and part of Saturday. Who doesn't love to ride the merry-go-round and eat snow cones? Gary was on call all weekend, and that meant that he spent a collective amount of time at home of maybe 12 hours from Friday-Sunday. He was very, very tired. Unfortunately, he does not have a day off until Thursday (which is when our dining table and chairs come in...we ordered them back in May, so I am very excited!). We went to a high school football game on Saturday night (yes, I know that is a little odd, but for some reason that was when they played). I had not been to a high school game in a long time, and unfortunately, I wore the opposing team's colors. Ooops!!!! Zach and I still had a good time, but I decided to head out after the third quarter.
I am beginning to adjust more to the colors I selected. I had a friend stop by today to look at the room I was least fond of, and she assured me that not only was it a good color, but she wanted the name of the color so that she could use it in her bedroom. I guess the change was just so drastic that I needed some time.
I am still trying to figure out where I fit in, what I am supposed to be doing, and what the Lord's plan is for me here. I am praying that He will reveal that to me. For now, I am just going to work on being a good wife and mother and wait for His calling.
3 comments:
I understand about the colors. We painted our bathroom green and I hate it. Now we call it Diarrhea Green. I am planning to redo my whole bedroom/bathroom asap!
I love going to highschool football games! We occassionally go out to Idalou and to Joel and Scott's when they coached in Ropes. I am also now addicted to MTV's "Two A Days". I hope you feel are able to find your niche soon and I will be praying for you too.
hang in there. it is not easy going to a new place and having what we had at our previous spot. it has been weird (annoying) not teaching or having people call me to do things within the church. i am ready to do something.... while being in this desert, i know i want to get going at the church we are at, i feel their education program needs some updating. so God is probably preparing you and getting you ready and then his mighty plan will be revealed to you. enjoy the rest, b/c he will have you busy in no time. i hear you and understand you. holler sometime. i still need to meet you at underwoods! cherry cobbler here i come....
Post a Comment