Friday, September 22, 2006

Where Did My Week Go?

I often sit on the couch on Friday afternoons, trying to determine where my week has gone. (This is one of my many new-found perks of staying at home.) It seems to just fly by and I am left wondering what I have to show for it. It occured to me earlier this week that I keep saying "next week, when things are back to normal..." I have been saying that for about two months now, and I finally realize that every week has its little glitches and surprises and I need to come to grips with that.

This weekend we are planning to attend Zach's soccer game. Then in the evening, I have a family reunion for my dad's side of the family. I have not attended one in five years, so I am really looking forward to it. Then I suppose we will start our week over again. I do not have anything earth-shattering on the agenda for next week, so I would suspect it could be in the normal range, but then that would almost certainly guarantee me a crazy week, wouldn't it?

I shouldn't complain, though. I am blessed to be in a situation where I can have a crazy week. I am blessed with a wonderful husband and son who keep me on my toes. I am blessed with a beautiful house that needs a little TLC. I am blessed to be able to afford the groceries we seem to constantly be in need of restocking. I have decided that no matter what my task, I will approach it with a new attitude. I am blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read your post, I can only too fondly remember myself feeling that way several Christmas's ago in the layaway department of our local Wal-Mart. After being spoken to in several languages, pushed aside and cut in front of, I decided that if I was ever going to be arrested, it would be then and it would be there. I hope when you load your bags with velcro wallet, you save some room for the fuzzy slippers that have yet to be found from my layaway Christmas 2000.

Lisa Renee said...

That stinks BIG TIME! Not a big fan myslef, but you really can't beat the prices. They opened a new one here which has made the one I shop at a lot less crowded, however I have been making my trip at 10 O'clock at night to avoid as many people as possible and to not have to tend to my family because they are all sleeping :)