Monday, September 24, 2007

As promised...

Sometime back, I had promised some pictures, so here they are:


Here is a picture of Zach at his first soccer game, which was two weeks ago. The field this year is much larger, plus the quarters last longer, so this game proved to be a test of endurance. Zach played really well, though and helped his teammates win their first game.


Here is Zach in the parade. He enjoyed riding around and throwing candy. We were riding on the Big Brothers Big Sisters float, which has been one of my big projects. I am working with a group of people to try to get BBBS here in our county. The children in our county desperately need mentors, and that is what BBBS does. We had our first fundraising event on Saturday, and it went very well.
I am pleased to report that I had a very good day at preschool! I tried a few new things and they actually worked! Tomorrow I am going to watch a music class at another preschool to get some ideas from her. I am feeling much more confident about my teaching.
On the downside, I got some troubling news today from Zach's school nurse. When Zach had his four year old checkup and shots, it was around fifteen days before his fourth birthday. Since the shots were administered prior to his birthday, they are considered null and void by the state, and we have to get them done again or he will be kicked out of school. So unfortunately I will be taking him in soon to get another round of shots. I think that is going to be harder on me than him! I hate watching it all! I am really frustrated in dealing with this red tape, but I have spoken to our doctor and he said that we can't do anything else. (I have sent an email to many of my friends making them aware of our situation so that maybe they can prevent it from happening to them.)
This weekend we do not currently have any plans, other than Zach's soccer game. I cannot believe I don't have a weekend packed full of activity. It is the first in a long time. I am soooo happy to have a break from plans! It is fun to have plans, but it is also fun to know that you can just have a leisurely weekend.

3 comments:

Steve said...

I can't believe how big Zach is getting. Before long he will be chasing squirrels around the golf course like his old man (inside joke). Seriously though, you should talk to Tim Yandell about BBBS, he works with them in Abilene. Let me know if you want his phone number.

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Red tape is frustrating like that! I would have wanted my doc's office to know the rules and help inform me when I made the appointment, but maybe that's asking a lot. I have been putting off the 4 year shots, so they will probably be way late instead of early!

Lisa Renee said...

That is ridiculous! I hate that you have to do that all AGAIN! Glad school is going well for you! Enjoy your weekend! Its the last weekend of the fair here and its the first year Ihavae not worked it so I am hoping that the one day Trent is here this week he will want to go! This four days a week of pre-school is killing me-I will be d oing my usual catch-up Friday! GREAT pics! Thanks for sharing!