Does anyone remember this? Or how about this? Apparently, my memory was a little fuzzy because I decided that painting our game room, in the midst of what turned out to be ANOTHER crazy week, sounded like a great idea. But perhaps before you can really appreciate how incredibly crazy that was I should explain the paint job that I undertook.
This is a large room with crown molding at the top and heavy, heavy texture on the walls. You know, that decorative texture that people have done. (The previous owners had the entry, den and game room all done the same.) We had the den professionally painted mainly because I feared painting that textured wall. But when he was here, the painter made it sound like it was really no big deal as long as you put it on really thick. (But the painter was painting a greenish khaki color on top of beige.)
I so intelligently chose to paint our game room brick red. It is truly a gorgeous color, but when you are painting on top of heavily textured beige walls, it is a nightmare. Why, you might ask? Well, as I found out after the first few irreversible swipes, there are a lot of little cracks and crevices that you have to get down into and it is not an easy job. Especially since the contrast is so obvious. AND, red paint takes about three or four coats. So, needless to say, it was quite an undertaking.
But you have not heard the craziest part yet. I am having a baby shower in my home on Sunday. Yes, you read that right. In two days there will be at least fifty people in my home. Have I been cleaning and preparing? No, I have been painting. And painting. And painting. (And teaching at the preschool, and getting Zach to soccer, and attending a PTO meeting, and attending a board meeting, and doing laundry, etc.) Why, you might ask, did I decide to paint? Because I already had the tape on the wall and thought, "I can just paint that real quick and be done with it." And did I mention that this weekend is also the town's big "reunion," which is like a big carnival? I am working a booth tonight and I am in the parade tomorrow morning.
Oh, and Gary is on call this weekend.
So if you see pictures of me being hauled off in a white, armless jacket, you will know why. And that is also, by the way, why my blog has not been updated all week. Wish me luck, guys! It is going to be a crazy weekend!
1 comment:
I love the ticker! You're not ready for soccer to be over are you? :)
Post a Comment