Here are some of the highlights from our week:

Zach and some his classmates have cupcakes for his birthday.

Zach and Gary smile for Mommy on his birthday.
Zach poses with his new tent that we got him. It is three separate tents that are connected. Perfect for when he and his friends want to play "camping"!
Zach poses next to the cookie cake that Mommy made for his "grandparent birthday party" yesterday. We spared the grandparents who are close enough to come for the day from the kid birthday party. Instead, we had them over yesterday for burgers. This has become a tradition for the past few years. Although not all of Zach's grandparents get to come, many of them do, and we always have a good time! This way he is not torn between spending time with his friends and his grandparents, and they get to spend more time with him.
Needless to say, I could not be more thrilled that Labor Day is tomorrow and that I can sleep in and relax for a whole day. Gary is on call that day, so he probably won't be around much, but I plan to just stay home, get caught up on laundry (and sleep!), and relax. It is very tempting for me to go up to the preschool to work on my room, but I know that I have all of Tuesday that I can work on it, so I am going to resist that temptation. I have learned that it is very easy to get consumed with your classroom and lessons, but I can't let that become my priority, so I am making an effort to let it go when I need to and to be very organized and methodical about what I do.
After my day off, September already promises to be a very busy month. We have something going on every weekend in September! I don't know how we ended up so busy all of a sudden, but we are. It is amazing the difference from last fall when we didn't know as many people and we were so less involved with activities. Even though it is exhausting, I am so enjoying our activities. Soccer season starts on Saturday, and as soon as I get the schedule, I will get it out to those of you who have asked for it.
I hope everyone has a relaxing Labor Day!
3 comments:
You have been busy! The cookie cake is a really great idea. You'll have to tell me how you make it. I've always wanted to make one.
The cookie cake is super easy! I have made it lots and it always turns out great.
Take a roll of the pilsbury cookie dough. Press it out on a pizza sheet (I use the pampered chef baking stone). Allow for some room around the edges. You can use any kind and you can press any kind of candy you want in it, also. Bake until done, cool. Trim any excess on the edges with a knife. Then decorate.
Too fun! We were actually in your town this past weekend but got al ittle rapped up in what all we were doing to call but it sounds like with as busy as you have been that might be better anyway! Happy Belated birthday~
Post a Comment