Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Good News

I have been reflecting lately about the tone of my blog, and I felt the need to sincerely apologize to all of my loyal readers out there. I have been very whiny lately. So I am sorry. I truly have been very stressed out, but I have a lot to be thankful for, so I seriously should not be complaining. "Blessed to be stressed", isn't that what I have heard people say?

So in light of this reflection, I want to tell you all of the good news that is going on in our home:

1. We are done with painting the game room and it looks GREAT! We are still not done with decorating it, so I will keep you all in suspense until I get that done. And my house did not reek of paint, so that was good too! It was so nice this week and I was able to keep the windows open.

2. Zach is doing REALLY well in kindergarten. He has exceeded my expectations of behavior and has not had his color changed yet. (For those of you not familiar with kindergarten vernacular, that means that he has not gotten in trouble.) Since he has had some difficulties in preschool with his behavior, I could not be more proud!

3. Zach and I got to be in the parade this weekend. It was really fun to be the one giving out the candy and waving. Zach had a blast! This is definitely one of the perks of small town life. We have at least three parades a year, and it is not hard to be in them if you want to be. We were part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters float. (I am on the board of the BBBS here in town, which is just getting started, so we wanted to get the word out and thought a float in the parade would help.)

4. My preschool class went really well on Friday. I had an awesome prayer warrior praying for me on Friday and I had the best day ever! I really needed that confidence boost.

5. Even though Gary was on call this weekend and has been working his tail off, he actually got a reasonable amount of sleep both Friday and Saturday nights. Sleep is a premium when he is on call, so that was really good!

6. Zach is loving soccer. He is really getting in there and playing more aggressively. I don't know if that is from the soccer camps, or just that it is his third season, but he is really doing great and loving it.

7. The baby shower went really well and is over. I forgot that the best perk of having the baby shower is that now my house is really, really clean and I get to start off my week with a spotless house!

I will post some pics of Zach playing soccer and on the parade float later this week when time allows. And I know that we are going to have a GOOD week. I am determined not to let any circumstance that may come this week change that attitude. I forget sometimes how blessed I am, and I am working to refocus my attention to that fact.

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

I did not hear that negative tone you are reading in your previous posts but its always good to focus on the positive! Glad so much good is going on in your life! You will have to post pics of your gameroom when you are done! I did the same thing with my bedroom a few weeks ago. I started putting a brown glaze on top of the already painted room two days before hosting Kerri's baby shower! STUPID! I did not however get it done and had to shut the door and opt not to display gifts on my bed. We used Ty's room instead. I still have two walls to finish, what kind of loser am I?! My goal is to finish sometime this month before putting our house on the market AGAIN! Aren't you glad yours sold so quickly!