Well, today begins the first day of what I like to call "our normal schedule". By that, I mean that all of my big projects are out of the way and now we are down to just the things we normally do.
With soccer season in full swing, that means two soccer practices a week (Mon/Thu) plus a game on Saturdays. I will be working three days a week, M-W-F, which I have come to learn will take pretty much all of the time Zach is at school on those days and then some. I spend most Sun, Tues and Thu nights reviewing CDs and spending time trying to put together the "perfect" music curriculum, which then is usually thrown out the window when my little darlings exhibit their tiredness, crankiness, etc. (But I digress...) On Wednesday nights, I have a Bible study group that meets here, and while we just finished our study, we are already planning our next study. On Tues/Thu mornings, I workout at the gym for an hour so that I will continue to maintain the "new healthy lifestyle".On one Tuesday night a month, I have bunko, which I just do not want to give up because I so enjoy spending time with the wonderful gals in my group! And then of course on Friday nights we attend all of the high school home games.
This week I managed to fit some laundry into my first free Thursday afternoon in weeks. It felt so good to actually get something constructive done! It gave me a little taste of what I hope this week will be like. With a "free" afternoon, it is amazing how much one can accomplish. I am very hopeful to get myself into a routine. And then I am hopeful that I will stick to it! I have already decided I will have to get a dayplanner so that I will never again "double book" myself with activities like I did over the past month. It was just too, too much! I am aware that one can not stay that busy and stay sane, so I am saying "no" to the things I don't have time to commit to, and though that is a little out of my comfort zone, I am getting better at saying "no".
But while it may sound like we still are juggling an awful lot, I am breathing a sigh of relief to be back to our normal activities that I know how to juggle. I am looking forward to the week. Mostly, I am hoping to really focus more on my music class. I have had lots of ideas that I haven't had the time to implement, so that is my focus now. My other focus (and most important priority) is to get better about my Bible study. Unfortunately I have let that slip a bit and I want to make sure I set aside time DAILY to do that, because there is truly nothing more important in my life.
I hope everyone has a great week! Happy fall!
(I realize that I promised pictures, and I haven't posted them. Shame on me! I will try to get them posted very soon!)
2 comments:
I just want to say how much I appreciate you taking such good care of Thomas while he's at pre-school. I'm pretty sure he's at the top of the "tired" list since he's such an early bird! Thanks for lovin' on him!
It is so important for SAHMs to learn how to say no. Everyone thinks that because we don't "work" we have time to head every committee and babysit at a moment's notice. I have to remind myself that being the committee chairperson isn't why I choose to be a SAHM!
Post a Comment