Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Fun

In preparation for the ever approaching Christmas, the Binkley house has been busy. On Friday, Zach's school had Polar Express Day. They all got to wear their pajamas to school and spent the day doing, among other things, watching the movie and eating popcorn.


Over the weekend, we made gingerbread men with Meme, since she was in town to celebrate an early Christmas with us. Since our local Wal-mart does not sell the gingerbread mix, this was prepared from scratch, which was a new experience for us all. (Thanks, Mom, for the recipe!)


On Monday, Zach and his class built Gingerbread houses. I went and helped, but forgot my camera, so I had to settle for a posed picture at home.


On Tuesday, they went carolling at a nursing home and the mall (and when I say mall, that is really a topic for another post, lest you think we are not truly a small town). The lighting where they were singing was not good, so there aren't really any pictures from that worth posting.
Today, the last day of school, was by far the busiest day for us all. I had the Christmas program at noon. Zach had a class party at one. And then school got out early for Christmas break. He and his class decorated cookies and then they ate lots of snacks and received some presents from their teachers.

When we got in the car to go home, Zach said he is very excited about "next Tuesday". He has a calendar that he made at school and every morning he puts an "X" on the day to count down to Christmas. I think this may be the most fun Christmas we have ever had, since he is so excited!

Merry Christmas to you all!

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

Very Fun! Merry Christmas!

P.S. Sorry the dog didn't work out.