Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holiday Wrap-up

The holidays came and went in the Binkley house. They were fun, but fairly uneventful, which was exactly what we wanted this year! The stockings were full, Santa came and went, we visited my parents, I shopped 'till I dropped the day after, and now we are back to deal with the mess that Christmas inevitably leaves. We had a really great holiday, and enjoyed our family time. (I will try to post some pics from Christmas later.)

In just a few days we will be ringing in 2008. I have already been asked if I have any New Year's resolutions to make. Last year I did not officially make any resolutions because I decided that I would just create a new "lifestyle" of healthy living. That, too, will be my goal this next year. I can honestly say I came out of 2007 doing much better than I did in 2006, but there is still a long way to go.

I have decided that my goal for 2008 will be to read the entire Bible from cover to cover. I am shamed to say that there are some Old Testament books that I have not really spent much, or any, time with. I have a daily reading Bible that I am resolving to spend a great deal of time with in 2008.

As with every new year, I plan to spend a great deal of January doing major de-cluttering and organizing. This might seem like a task to some, but for me it is a joy! I absolutely look forward to it and it makes me feel so good to get it done. There are a few closets that I have been eyeing that will be my first victims.

All in all, 2007 was a good year for us. It was our first full year in our small town, it was when Zach began kindergarten, and it was when we took our first family vacation. We have had a really fun year, and we look forward to seeing what 2008 will bring!

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with your family! I hope 2008 is a great year for you!