We spent Friday night "roughing it" in our tent, just one mile away from the ranch house. (That meant that my bathroom was a short truck ride away!) We roasted hot dogs over the campfire, made S'mores, and then we settled in to our tent. Zach seemed to have a really great time. Gary and I brought the blow-up mattress, and that helped a lot! It was pretty cool at night, and there were some strange rustlings periodically, but overall we had a good time. It was a short trip, but I think it was a good time.
The best part of the trip was when we had all sat down to eat our hotdogs. Bear in mind Zach has never done anything like this before. As we began to eat, he looked at me and asked, "Do you know what I like to do when I go camping, Mommy?" I shook my head and asked him "what?" Then that precious boy told me, "I like to sing praises to God." So we did just that, we sang several songs as the sun began to set. It was some real quality family time. It was priceless. Even though I do not like to camp, I am so glad that we went.
3 comments:
You have such a sweet boy! You and Gary are truly blessed! Have I mentioned lately how sad I am that you are moving??? :)
Your a trooper! Sounds like it was some great family time. What neat memories Zach will have, as well as yall! Hope your day is better than yesteday. SEe you at school :)
Isn't it such a blessing when you see your kids want to love the Lord and know that he is a presence in their lives.
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the camping but I know you enjoyed the family time and that is what counts.
Post a Comment