Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Planting, Preparing and Praying

Today was a very relaxing day. Gary was at home, and Zach and I spent the entire day with him (until 5:15 when he went to moonlight). We slept in, which was really nice. We went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants (Thai food!). We went to Lowe's and got plants for the yard, and then we came home. While Zach napped, Gary and I managed to get several boxes together and out to the garage. I also tackled the scariest closet...the playroom closet. It was stuffed to the brim with lamps, old toys, and a rocking chair (yes, it is a sizeable closet, but it was PACKED). I was really worried it would take forever to get that thing cleaned out, but we managed to have it done in a few hours.

After Gary left, Zach and I planted the flowers. We bought two flats of Salvias and one flat of what I call Moss Rose, but it has a more proper name that I can't remember. It was a perfect amount, and added a much needed splash of color to the yard. Right now we have the greenest grass on the block, so I am hoping that our sign will catch the right eye.

I spoke with both our realtor and loan officer today, and we are in good shape on the new house. The appraisal is in, they are getting everything else finished up, and it looks like we will be closing sometime in May, probably the week of Memorial Day. That doesn't mean that we will move in then, but I will at least have that option if our house does actually sell.

Finally, THANK YOU to all of you who read my blog so faithfully. You are all so special!

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

Hey, ours is pretty green!!!!! Glad you had a nice family day together. Good seeing you at school today, man I sure am going to miss that!