Okay, so I guess the longer time passes, the less painful the memory of experiences become. Definitely childbirth is that way, and apparently so is buying a home. I remember now exactly what it was that took me over the edge and made me utter those famous last words, "I QUIT!" (That being at my title company job.) Now here I am in an even less powerful position (aka "buyer") doing the same thing all over again. And this time, it is personal!!!!
Okay, admitedly, it is not THAT bad. But almost. I spent most of yesterday's freetime on the phone, or at the mercy of my phone, trying to get all of our house stuff figured out, and it has only begun. I predict insanity until May 31, and possibly beyond then!
BUT, I must look on the bright side and be glad that I even have this problem. A few weeks ago, I was almost certain that I would be setting up my household in a cardboard box! I am so glad that we found a house, and I am so glad that we love it. I am so glad that Gary has found his dream job, and I am so glad that it is closer to all of our family, and many of our friends. I am so glad that we have plenty of time to move.
And, of course, I am STILL glad that I quit my job. This reminds me of what a smart move that was!
3 comments:
Jen -
Are you still in school? You never mention it.
Whoever asked that, no, I am not in school right now. I am taking the semester off while we are in transition and I teach at Zach's preschool two days a week. When we get settled in, I will probably finish up. I have about three to four semesters left.
I bet on days like today you are glad you are moving. GROSS! I have not gone outside yet but plan to visit my friend Sheila who just had a baby later tonight. Hopefully it will calm down by then! I am glad you quit your job too......sure is nice seeing you alla the time now!
Post a Comment