Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Catching Up

Well, nothing much is going on around...just as I like it! I have just been working on getting the laundry caught back up and keeping the house in perfect showing condition! We have not heard anything more from the people who looked at the house, but I am hopeful that we will. Or maybe that someone new will come look. However, it is looking like we will be hiring a realtor in June. I really don't want to do that because someone's feelings are going to get hurt. With all of the realtors that I worked with, they will all want to know why I wouldn't use them. But, surely they will understand that only one can be the listing agent.

Gary, Zach and I spontaneously went out for ice cream last night. That was a lot of fun because we don't do that very often. We went to a few stores to look around. I am looking for some neat accessories to go in the bathrooms in our new house, but so far I haven't found what I am looking for.

This month is flying by in some ways, and slow in other ways. I suspect it will get very busy beginning next week. Gary is going to hang out with his buddies for the weekend of the 20th. That is his birthday present from me, but he is just now getting around to using it. I wanted him to go have a boys' weekend, especially since he doesn't see his friends often. The weekend after that, we are planning to go to a graduation party for Gary's cousin and hang out with some family, followed by our house closing. That is what I mean, we are jam-packed during the second half of the month!

I am kind of in a weird place right now. On one hand, I am nostalgic for everything here, and wish we had more time. On the other hand, I am tired of waiting and just ready to move on with our lives. It is hard to know how to feel. I am glad to know that (hopefully) we will not be doing this again any time soon. We have been so transitional with Gary's schooling and residency, so it is nice to know that perhaps we can actually put some roots down.

No comments: