Friday, May 12, 2006

Double Date




I had a wonderfully special date tonight with the two special men in my life...Gary and Zach! It was really cute. They both dressed up (in practically the same outfit, no less), they both opened the doors for me, and then they both gave me a smooch at the end of the date. This was a wonderful kick-off the Mother's Day weekend.

Today, Gary was off for most of the day (he got home around 8:45 am). We all went to the library, and then around 5:30, we set off for our date. We went to dinner, then we went to Putt-Putt, but they were really crowded and were out of golf balls. So, we went to the mall and played 18 holes at a minature golf place there that is done with the lights out except for blacklights. The "greens" are painted to reflect from the blacklights. We had a lot of fun. Then we strolled around the mall for a while until it closed. Finally, we went and got coffee before heading home.

It was a wonderful date...very special. I think it was neat to have Zach "in training" for how to treat a lady. It was a date that I will never forget, and I hope that there are more like it to come. I can honestly say that I never knew how much I would love being a mom and a wife. It is the most wonderful blessing!

3 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

WOW! How thoughtful and sweet! The golf place sounds like a blast! I did not know it exisited, we will have to check it out. I think it is super cool to have a Dad that is such a great example for Zach to follow and that he is already taking the time to show him the ropes! Happy Mother's Day. See you Sunday.

A D said...

That is so special. I am so glad you had a great mother's day. I saw you at Corino's, if I had known you were going there you could have sat with us.
See you tonight.

Unknown said...

How fun. Matthew and I go on dates together once a month and it has been so sweet to see him take me out! I made him promise to keep doing that with me until he's 18! We'll see.... Happy Mother's Day to you!